Tuesday 21 February 2012

Task 4:C Developing my Inquiry

To help me develop my professional inquiry I asked my singing teacher Angharad Sanders and also my Agent Lexi at FLP. Hearing the views of a more experienced performer was really useful to know that she too used to be in my position.

Angharad:

1- Do we need qualifications to achieve the title of a professional performer?

"I don't think we do. I have a few friends that have worked on the Westend who haven't train...but they are boys."

2 - How can we maintain performance standards after training? Is it possible?

"Yes of course. Making sure you keep your voice active and your body challenged makes sure you maintain standards. You got muscle memory from college, you just need to make sure your body doesn't forget the placements."

3 - How long should we pursue our dream?

"Its your dream...for as long as you have it."

4 - Is it easier for men to get jobs over women?

"It's becoming harder for men also, but yes."

5 - Do we need an agent in order to gain paid work?

"Not necessarily, just make sure you get your face out there for people to recognise."

6 - How can we keep on top of money?

"If your passionate enough, you will find a way. Try and do little bits here and there."

Lexi:

1: "I think showing that you have trained shows commitment to your career, there are DADA's that people can get if they can't afford training. We will always take trained performers over non-trained performers."

2: "YESS!!!! Go to class, book singing lessons, do work shops, go to auditions..there is plenty out there if you look in the right places."

3: "As long as you want, noone can decide your future for you."

4: "In the past yes, but things are changing. It's not what you know, it's who !"

5: "Not all the time, but it helps to have us behind you. It looks better that I contact people on your behalf."

6: "There are lots of different jobs out there for performers. Spotlight always have opportunities. Keep your eyes open!"

3 comments:

  1. Hey Eithne, congrats on the research so far. I too plan on using questionnaires. Just wondering what your goal is for this inquiry? You've probably mentioned somewhere and I've just missed it. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK great. Now the big thing is what you do with this. It is raw data. So now the big question is what do you do with it? As you develop a research inquiry you also have to work out how you will make meaning of, and interpret the data. What do you think you would do with data like this? In other words how would you analyse it

    Great work
    Adesola

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jess, I think I am going to develop this into an Inquiry for Audition help and technique.

    I don't really understand what you mean by analysing the data Adesola? xx

    ReplyDelete