Monday 26 March 2012

Task 5A: Ethics

Thinking about the different situations I have found my self in within my 4 years of living in London (going to college, moving house, gaining work) a lot of the ethics I upheld can fit into different scenarios.

For example;

- Upholding my presentation

- Respect others time and efforts, by being punctual and remembering things asked for previously

- Treating others how I wished to be treated

All of these "rules" are for general life, College, my job and auditions.

As an auditioning performer, we can extend these into;

- Remembering all of your dance shoes, as you never know what your going to be asked for

- Keeping your CV and Headshot well updated as to not show false information

- Not wasting the casting directors time, by not fitting the brief


Even though most of these things are a 'known' to people brought up well, as our society is going down hill, many of these "rules" are also going.

Only a few months ago I was mugged outside of my house. Does this mean that I can go around mugging people?

In an audition, I was pushed out of the way so that the Girl could get her number first, does this mean that it's right for me to do it back to her?

Although many of the people I know uphold my 'general life' ethics, I think times are moving on which is causing less people to uphold these rules and they are thinking about them selfs over others. In some respects, this could be linked to the Photographer in Reader 5, was he thinking about himself when he left the little girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment